– Sponsored Post –
We love pretty much anything with “mini”in the name around here. That’s why these super easy mini meatball sandwiches were such a hit. Tomato, meatballs and a creamy parmesan sauce come together to make a great slider recipe and perfect weekday meal.
This meatball slider recipe gets some help from Progresso. You may have noticed one of their new products showing up in your grocery store – their new Recipe Starters. Progresso paid us to develop a bunch of recipes for them, sent the products and let us play a bit. This recipe uses the Creamy Parmesan and Basil flavor.
It’s very similar to Alfredo sauce – in fact, if you can’t find the Recipe Starters, you could make this slider recipe with your favorite brand of Alfredo Sauce mixed with a handful of fresh basil leaves and it would be delicious!
How to Make Mini Meatball Sliders
To make things really easy, we use a package of frozen meatballs from the store. Ours came from Trader Joe’s, but there are a few options to choose from. Since the meatballs are frozen, we need a sauce to thaw and heat them in.
The sauce starts with a can of diced tomatoes.
Then, we add the Parmesan Basil sauce (remember, you can use Alfredo sauce, here).
Once the sauce is heated through and slightly reduced, we add the meatballs and cook until thoroughly heated through.
Easy right? If you liked this, you might enjoy the following easy weeknight meals:
- This Yogurt Pasta with Bacon and Snap Peas uses Greek yogurt and Parmesean for the sauce. (from Inspired Taste)
- We love lasagne, but it can be time consuming. For a quick meal, try this Easy Zucchini Lasagna with Lemony Ricotta. (from Inspired Taste)
- This Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Preserves from The Pioneer Woman would certainly be a fantastic end to the weekday, don’t you think?
- Do you like shrimp? If so, this Baked Ziti with Shrimp and Spinach is perfect for you! So simple to make and it tastes delicious. (from Inspired Taste)
Substitution: The Creamy Parmesan Basil Cooking Sauce is very similar to Alfredo sauce – in fact, if you can’t find the Recipe Starters, you could make this slider recipe with your favorite brand of Alfredo Sauce mixed with a handful of fresh basil leaves and it would be delicious!
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (18 oz) can Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ Creamy Parmesan Basil Cooking Sauce
- 12 large frozen cooked meatballs (from 16 oz bag)
- 12 slider buns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat diced tomatoes a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in Parmesan Basil Cooking Sauce and meatballs. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice slider buns in half then top each of the bottom halves with a meatball and sauce then cover with bun top. Serve family style or divide between plates, 3 sliders each.