- Sponsored Post -
We honestly think we could eat some type of taco every night – we just love ‘em! We’ve filled them with shredded beef, fish and even sweet potatoes. This time, we stuck with beef, but used a slow cooker for crazy moist and flavorful, beef tacos! They’re really quite simple to make. Just throw a big hunk of boneless beef chuck roast along with some onions, spices, tomato, chiles and broth into a slow cooker. Then, turn the slow cooker to low and let cook until the beef falls apart. Yum!
The tomatoes we used are actually from Progresso. You may have noticed one of their new products showing up in your grocery store – their new Recipe Starters. Progresso paid us to develop a bunch of slow cooker recipes for them, sent the products and let us play a bit. This recipe uses the Fire Roasted Tomato Flavor. If you can’t find it, feel free to use a can of diced tomatoes, fire roasted diced tomatoes or one of the cans with tomatoes and chiles. They will all work wonderfully.
How to Make Our Fire Roasted Tomato and Beef Tacos in a Slow Cooker
Just like we mentioned above, you really only have to throw everything into the slow cooker, turn to low and walk away. So simple! Plus, the aroma — oh, heavens!
After six hours or so, the beef will look like this. See how it just falls apart? We love that! We actually take the beef out then use two forks to shred it into bite size pieces. Then, we throw it back into the slow cooker to soak up all the cooking liquid.
Did you like our Fire Roasted Tomato and Beef Tacos? If so, you may also enjoy one or more of these easy recipes:
- Corn and Poblano Casserole Recipe from Inspired Taste
- Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe from Inspired Taste
- Taco Stuffed Shells from Inspired Taste
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 (18 oz) can Progresso Fire Roasted Tomato Recipe Starter Cooking Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells (12 shells)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Place half of the onions and the jalapeno slices into the bottom of a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place the beef on top of onions and jalapeno slices then season with salt, chili powder, cumin and ground cinnamon.
- Scatter bay leaves, garlic, chopped green chiles and the remaining onion slices on top of beef.
- Add Fire Roasted Tomato Recipe Starter and broth.
- Cover slow cooker then cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Using tongs, remove beef from slow cooker then use two forks to shred the beef, and then return shredded beef to sauce.
- Fill taco shells or tortillas with beef and onions then top with shredded lettuce and cheese.