Here is another 6-ingredient or less recipe that Joanne and I absolutely LOVE. Perfect for a party, as a spread on your next sandwich or even warmed as a dip. It is also really easy to make!
For this recipe, we wanted to take a lot of step-by-step photos, as you can see below. Joanne was also inspired to put some fancy titles along with the pictures, which look pretty nifty if you ask me. Enjoy
As we mentioned last week, we are happily working with American Express for their newly launched cash back Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Cash Everyday cards. To help celebrate the launch of these new cards, we were asked to share appetizer recipes that can be made with 6 ingredients or less, since both cards give you 6% cash back on purchases at the supermarket. Last week our 6-ingredient recipe was our step-by-step recipe for watermelon cups and we asked if you would like to share your favorite recipes to enter for a chance to win a $600 American Express Gift Card! Entries are still welcome.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Scroll to the bottom of the post and add a link to your recipe, it’s so simple! Entries will be accepted until July 16, 2011 at noon EST.
- 1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 jars (6.5 ounce) marinated artichokes, packed in oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese shavings
- Arrange baguette slices on a cookie tray and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the artichokes, reserve for serving.
- Roughly chop remaining artichokes and add to a food processor.
- Add garlic, lemon zest and mint to the food processor. Pulse 2-3 times.
- Add lemon juice and two tablespoons of the oil from the artichoke jar. Pulse again until smooth, depending on desired consistency, add another tablespoon of oil.
- Stir in the grated cheese.
- Quarter the reserved artichokes.
- Spread the artichoke puree onto each baguette slice, top with a 1/4 of an artichoke and a shaving of cheese.