Cookie, yes! Cake, yes! Frosting — oh, mama! This one has it all. It’s easy, freaking adorable and is so-cute-you-can-eat-it-in-one-bite.
We made these for Pillsbury and we’re seriously better for it! Enjoy!
- 2 (16 oz) packages Pillsbury® Ready to Bake refrigerated sugar cookies (24 cookies)
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix (suggested: Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devils Food)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1 oz) bottle red food color
- 2 (12-oz) containers Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 48 mini muffin cups with No-Stick Cooking Spray. Place 1 cookie dough round in each muffin cup. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, carefully press into center of each cookie to make 1-inch-wide indentation. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and red food color with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (do not overbeat).
- Fill each cooled cookie cup 3/4 full with cake batter. Bake in 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the cake and comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Frost tops of cookie cups with cream cheese frosting and decorate with cake crumbs.