Power Blueberry SmoothieThe full recipe post can be found on Inspired Taste here: https://www.inspiredtaste.net/36960/blueberry-smoothie-recipe/
Power Blueberry Smoothie
Healthy and satisfying blueberry smoothie recipe packed with good-for-you ingredients. If you can, use frozen blueberries and frozen banana — they will make the creamiest smoothie. Next time you have a bunch of bananas in the kitchen, chop a few up and freeze for smoothies another day.
Makes 2 kid-size smoothies or 1 large
You Will Need
1 cup (5 to 6 ounces) blueberries, frozen preferred, see notes
1 medium banana, peeled
1/2 cup sliced thin-skinned cucumber like English or hothouse
1 cup greens like spinach or kale
1/2 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
1 cup water
Add blueberries, banana, cucumber, greens, ginger, hemp seeds and cacao nibs to a blender. Pour 1 cup of water on top then blend until creamy.
If the smoothie is too thick, add a splash more liquid. If it is too thin, add a handful of ice cubes.
Adam and Joanne's Tips
- Frozen blueberries are best: Fresh blueberries are delicious, but we’ve found that frozen berries make the best tasting and textured smoothies. Fresh blueberries have pectin in them so when they are blended into a smoothie, it can get thick and jello-like. If you use fresh, enjoy the smoothie straight away or use frozen blueberries.
- Frozen banana will make the smoothie even creamier.
- Not sweet enough: If, after blending, the smoothie isn’t sweet enough, add a little honey or agave nectar.
- Not creamy enough: To make the smoothie even more creamy, swap the water for almond milk, coconut milk or even regular dairy milk.
- Nutrition facts: The nutrition facts provided below are estimates. We have used the Nutrifox recipe calculator to calculate approximate values.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @inspiredtaste
NUTRITION PER SERVING: Serving Size 1/2 of the recipe or 1 small smoothie / Calories 213 / Protein 4.3 g / Carbohydrate 33.8 g / Dietary Fiber 5.1 g / Total Sugars 20.4 g / Total Fat 8.4 g / Saturated Fat 3.5 g / Cholesterol 0.9 mg / Sodium 20.3 mg