Last Updated [May 2, 2023]
State Privacy Notices
Inspired Taste Inc. Privacy Notice
If you have any further questions about our collection and use of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights over your personal data or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com
1. Scope. This Privacy Notice applies: (1) to your use of our Site, products, and services (collectively, the “Services”); (2) to your interactions with us via telephone, electronic, or other means; and (3) when you submit information to us, whether directly or indirectly, including via third parties that we work with to provide our Services.
2. Changes to this privacy notice. We may occasionally make changes to this Privacy Notice to ensure its accuracy. If we make changes, the revised Privacy Notice will be posted online and the date of the newest version will be listed. Please check back frequently, especially before you provide us with personal information, to determine the current scope of the notice.
3. Lawful basis. We will only collect your personal data (a) with your consent, when applicable; (b) if we have a legitimate interest in doing so; or (c) as authorized or required by law.
4. How we collect & use your personal data.
The personal data we collect about you and how we use that personal data depends on the context of your interactions with Inspired Taste, the Site, and our Services. In total, we collect the following personal data:
4.1 Personal data we collect directly from you, with your consent. We collect personal data directly from you with your consent when you leave a comment or use other interactive features on the Site, or communicate with us online or by other means. If you leave a comment on the Site, we collect your name, email address, and IP address to confirm that the comment originated from a Site user and not from a bot or other automated spam generator. If you access or submit an inquiry through our Site, subscribe to a service, register to receive marketing materials, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, or receive other Services, we may ask you to provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and zip code, and possibly other personal data.
We use the personal data we collect directly from you to communicate with you about Inspired Taste and our Services and for direct marketing purposes, such as:
- Sending you periodic email and newsletter communications;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Sending you surveys and other quality assurance communications;
- Analyzing preferences, trends, and statistics;
- Informing you of our new products, services, and offers; and
- Providing you with other marketing information from and about Inspired Taste.
We will only contact you in ways compatible with your communications choices. However, even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may need to contact you to address questions or issues specific to the services you have requested.
We may periodically supplement the personal data we collect from you with personal or non-personal information about you or another person obtained from companies with whom we have marketing or other business relationships and other third party sources. Any aggregate information that is linked or linkable to your personal data will be treated as personal data under this Privacy Notice.
4.2 Payment information. Inspired Taste does not collect or maintain any payment information. You will never be asked to provide payment information in connection with our services.
4.3 Personal data collected from your use of the site, with a legitimate interest. Inspired Taste uses analytics tools or other technologies to collect personal data from you and automatically perform data analysis, identify Site and Services usage trends, develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests or location, and measure the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and our Services. We may use and store such personal data (including combining it with other personal data that you choose to submit to us and aggregate information about site visitors and traffic), and the reports we generate using this information in an anonymized form or in the aggregate such that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
Log files. We collect anonymous and technical information from your computer, including your internet protocol address (specifically your general geolocation data; we do not collect specific geolocation data), data about your computer or other device, the type of browser or operating system your device uses, the programs, services, and version of the Site you use, and the address of any linking site, when you request a web page while visiting the Site. We use this information for statistical purposes, to ensure that our web pages will appear and function appropriately on your computer, to determine how you were referred to our Site, and to personalize your access to our Site or conduct our own analyses and research to improve our programs, products, services, and content. We also use third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze information. We may sell, rent, or otherwise convey said information to a third party. If you do not agree with Inspired Taste or our Services Providers (as defined below) using or selling your anonymous and technical information as described in this paragraph, including selling or sharing this information, please see Section 7 “Controlling Your Personal Data” below.
4.4 Other ways we might use your personal data. In addition to the specific uses and purposes described under Section 4, we might use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we deem relevant to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site or to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide you with other information about a business or organization with which we are associated.
- To protect your privacy and enforce this Privacy Notice.
- If we believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Inspired Taste, or to others.
- To comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order.
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
4.5 Children under age 16. We do not knowingly collect, disclose, or sell the personal information of consumers under the age of 16. Our Services are designed for adults, not children. As such, this Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal data to or on the Site. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site, use the Site’s comment features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Disclosure of your personal data.
As permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal data as follows:
- To our service providers. Vendors that provide us with various services (collectively, “Service Providers”) may have access to your personal data while they are performing their contractual obligations. Examples of Service Providers we use include payment processors, data analytics companies, email delivery, web hosting services, customer service, and marketing services. We prohibit our Service Providers from selling or disclosing the personal data we provide, and we require all Service Providers to maintain confidentiality standards that are commercially reasonable to ensure the security of your personal data. These Service Providers include but are not limited to marketing companies, companies that host our Site or App, or provide IT services to support either, platforms we use to help us manage our data and companies that assist us in processing job applications that you submit through our Site. The type of information that we provide to a Service Provider will depend on the purpose of the service that they provide to us.
- To affiliates.We may disclose some or all of your personal data with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in which case this Privacy Notice will apply to the same extent it applies to Inspired Taste.
- For legal and other compliance. We may disclose personal data when we believe it is appropriate to: (a) comply with the law, (b) enforce or apply this Privacy Notice or our other policies or agreements, (b) protect our or our users’ rights, property or safety, (c) protect our users from fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of, our Site, or (d) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
- As part of business transfers. We may disclose personal data as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets or other business transaction.
- As aggregated or deidentified information. We reserve the right to share or sell aggregated, anonymous or deidentified information about any individuals with non-affiliated entities for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes, without restriction. We do not limit the third parties’ use of the aggregated information.
6.1 Data security. We treat your personal data with complete confidentiality. We minimize the personal data we store and employ commercially appropriate and reasonable safeguards both online and offline to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of information that we collect about you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures to safeguard your non-public personal information. We regularly update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of that information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through standard operating procedures and special training programs.
Please note, however, that no transmission of data over the internet is 100% secure. While we employ reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not defeat those measures and use nonpublic personal data for improper purposes. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or for actions of third parties. The safety and security of your information also depends on you, and you are responsible for protecting your confidential information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information on protecting your confidential information.
6.3 Third party sites. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected by Inspired Taste. We may provide links to third party websites from our Sites as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control, and we are not responsible for, the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third party websites. When you click on links that take you to external websites, you will be subject to their privacy policies and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such websites before providing them with any information.
7. Controlling your personal data.
7.1. Your rights. You can request to exercise your rights as a data subject, express concerns, lodge a complaint, or obtain additional information about our data privacy practices by contacting us at email@example.com. We may deny a request: (a) when denial of the request is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting the request would have a negative impact on another’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; (d) where the request is excessive or overly burdensome, or (e) for other lawful reasons. If we deny your request, we will explain the reasons in our response. Subject to where you reside and applicable law, we will honor the following requests to:
- Opt-out of the Sale of your personal information. “Sale” means the transfer of personal data to third parties in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, see: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information in website footer on our homepage.
- Opt-out of the sharing of your personal information. “Share” includes the transfer of personal information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. You have the right to direct us not to Share or use your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. Please note that you may still receive generalized ads after opting out of targeted advertising. To opt-out, see: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information in website footer on our homepage.
- Opt-out of marketing communications from us, including promotions, surveys, and information about products and services that may be of interest to you (e.g. opting out of emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails).
- Correct, update, or delete your personal data. Please note that certain legal obligations may limit or prevent our ability to fulfill these requests, and that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted on our Site (e.g. comments that you make) may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
- Requesting access to the personal data we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
- Requesting that we disclose to you the personal data that we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold relating to you.
- Control how the cookies we use interact with your browser.
7.2. Verification. We cannot respond to requests about your rights, including providing you with your personal data, unless we can verify your identity and your authority to make the request and confirm that the personal data relates to you. A verifiable consumer privacy request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we have collected personal data or an authorized representative (e.g. we may need your name, email address, and other information necessary to identify you).
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it..
You do not have to sign up with Inspired Taste to make a verifiable consumer privacy request. We will only use personal data provided in a verifiable consumer privacy request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Raptive will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Raptive’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy