We show love with food. Hugs can work, too… but in our home, you get a hug right before you are offered something delicious, usually made with sugar and butter. That’s just the way we roll!
A few months ago, we got a crazy urge to show some sugar/butter love to Nina, our perfectly adorable, teacher-turned web designer and dream maker. We have a long list of wants for our site, some logical, some are more of your – JOANNE do you have ANY idea what that means? No, you cannot reach through your screen and give your readers a hug! – Anywho, we love Nina and with that love, comes cookies.
Those little guys were shipped yesterday. Be brave little cookies, be brave, you will be home soon!
When asked, Nina shared her love of chocolate, so we made these as chocolatey as possible. Hopefully, all the cocoa power and lots of (probably too many) little chocolate toffee bits make these chocolatey enough for her. Enjoy!
How to make Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Start by creaming together some brown sugar, granulated sugar and soft butter. Then, add an egg and some vanilla extract.
Now, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to a sieve and sift everything over the butter mixer from the step above. Mix and stir together until the dry ingredients have been absorbed.
Then, add a whole cup of Heath toffee bits! mmmmmm….
Use a small ice cream scoop or a spoon to place evenly sized balls of dough on cookie sheets, and then bake 8-9 minutes until done! The cookies will be pretty flat, chewy on the edges and crazy soft in the middle. They are delish!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Heath English Toffee Bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl use a hand blender to cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beat on medium speed for 10-20 seconds until incorporated.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over the mixing bowl and sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Then, use a large spoon or spatula to stir everything together. Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop dough, a tablespoon at a time onto baking sheets, placing them 2 inches apart so the cookies have room to spread in the oven. Bake 8-9 minutes, and then allow the cookies to cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies will be soft, but will firm up as they cool.