How to make our simple blueberry mojito recipe with fresh blueberries, mint and lime. Jump to the Blueberry Mojito Recipe now or read on to see our tips.
The recipe is really simple. Plus, you can use fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries for this, so while it may look like a summer drink, this is totally doable all year round. (As long as you can find mint, that is).
If you’re more into the classic, We’ve already shared our click over to our classic mojito recipe. There’s lots of fresh mint and lime. So easy and so fresh.
To make our blueberry mojito, bash blueberries, mint and some sugar together then add white rum and a little club soda. Simple and fun!
Blueberries are wonderful in this, but if you have other berries on hand, use them. Raspberries, strawberries, or even blackberries would all be amazing. In fact, you could even play around with adding another herb like fresh basil.
Enjoy this blueberry mojito recipe? Might we suggest you take a peek at our full collection of cocktail recipes?
Recipe updated, originally posted September 2012. Since posting this in 2012, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear. – Adam and Joanne
- 8 blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed), plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda
- lime slice for garnish
- Add blueberries, lime juice, sugar and eight mint leaves to a cocktail shaker. Use the end of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler to bash (or muddle) the mint into the lime juice and sugar. This releases oils from the mint, breaks up the blueberries and helps the sugar dissolve into the lime juice.
- Add rum, stir well then pour into a glass filled with ice, leaving about an inch of room then top with club soda. Garnish with extra blueberries, mint leaves and a lime slice.
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons sugar
32 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
1 cup white rum
4 cups ice
1/2 cup club soda
4 lime slices for garnish