We absolutely love the simplicity of the classic mojito cocktail. Rum, fresh mint, lime and sugar combine to make a refreshing and fun cocktail.
Our Tips for Making the Best Mojito Recipe
Make this for one or many, but whatever you do, don’t skip the fresh mint and freshly squeezed lime, they’re essential on this one.
You see, just before adding the rum, a cocktail muddler (or in our case, the end of a wooden spoon) is used to bash the mint and lime together. This helps to release oils from the fresh mint, making sure that your cocktail is full of flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda
- lime slice for garnish
- Add lime juice, sugar and eight mint leaves to a cocktail shaker. Use the end of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler to bash (or muddle) the mint into the lime juice and sugar. This releases oils from the mint and helps the sugar dissolve into the lime juice.
- Add rum, stir well then pour into a glass filled with ice, leaving about an inch of room then top with club soda. Garnish with extra mint leaves and a lime slice.
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons sugar
32 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
1 cup white rum
4 cups ice
1/2 cup club soda
4 lime slices for garnish