We love cheesy garlic bread, but don’t like it to be overly greasy. We’ll usually break out the garlic bread when serving something like pasta or soups. So, we don’t want it to be too heavy by itself. Our recipe makes garlic bread with crisp edges and a soft buttery center. There’s lots of garlic and just enough cheese to make it extra delicious. We also add fresh basil for an extra pop of color and flavor.
How to Make Our Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
We start with a long baguette, try to find one that’s pretty fresh. You want the center to be soft. Then, give it a slice down the middle. Grab a bowl and smash together some softened butter, mashed garlic, cheese and chopped fresh basil. We use two cheeses – mozzarella and cheddar. You can use whatever you like, though.
Spread the buttery, garlic and cheesy goodness all over the bread then bake in the oven until golden brown. See how the edges are crisp and the center is soft and gooey. Just perfect for soaking up extra sauce on your plate or dipping into soup.
Like our Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe with Basil? If so, we bet you’ll love these, too!
- Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe with Creamy Pesto from Inspired Taste
- Garlic Bread Recipe (two ways) from Simply Recipes
- Easy Baked Ziti Recipe with Spinach and Artichokes from Inspired Taste
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
- Fresh and Easy Avocado Pasta from Inspired Taste
- 1 (14 ounce) baguette (French bread loaf)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (13 grams) packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Smash each garlic clove with the flat side of a knife then remove the skin and discard. Now, mince the garlic finely. Add an 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt then use the flat side of the knife to press and push the garlic and salt across the cutting board, turning it into a paste.
- Stir the garlic paste, room temperature butter, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and the chopped basil together to make a soft spread.
- Next, using a bread knife, slice the baguette in half, making two baguettes. Then, slice each baguette in half crosswise (or horizontally). You should now have quarters.
- Then, spread the butter mixture over the cut-side of each bread quarter.
- Place them cut side up onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the cheesy garlic bread 10 to 15 minutes or until the bread is golden around the edges and the cheese has melted. Then, turn the oven to broil and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and turns golden brown.