It only takes five minutes to make this easy banana smoothie recipe. Jump to the Banana Smoothie Recipe now or read on to see how we make it.
This is perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack or for serving kids. You can even make this ahead of time, freeze it and save for later. So easy!
How to Make a Banana Smoothie — You Only Need Five Ingredients For This Recipe
A whole banana is used for this – try to use one that’s sweet and ripe. An unripe banana will taste chalky. Then, we add half of an orange, a little yogurt, and water or milk (dairy or non-dairy).
Simply add everything into a blender, blend until smooth and enjoy.
Easily Customize with More Fruit and Vegetables
Our banana smoothie recipe is perfect as is, but you could always throw in more fruit or even vegetables. Try adding strawberries, raspberries, mango or pineapple.
Or, add some greens. Add about a cup of fresh baby spinach or kale and make your own Green Smoothie Recipe. You hardly taste the greens, but you get the extra nutrients.
You could even go tropical and switch out water or milk for coconut milk or pineapple juice. The options are endless.
Did you like our Simple Banana Smoothie Recipe? If so, we bet you’ll love these:
- Quick and Easy Green Smoothie Recipe from Inspired Taste
- Easy Blueberry Muffin Recipe from Inspired Taste
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe from Inspired Taste
Recipe updated, originally posted January 2013. Since posting this in 2013, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear and added a quick recipe video. – Adam and Joanne
- 1 banana
- 1/2 orange, peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water or milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- Roughly chop banana and orange quarters then add to a blender. Top with yogurt and the water (or milk).
- Turn blender on and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste then adjust with honey if needed.
- This recipe makes one smoothie or two kid-size smoothies. Enjoy now, or save for later. To save the smoothie for later, pour each serving into a food-safe resealable plastic bag or container and freeze. Then, about an hour before needing the smoothie, take out from freezer.