Pico de Gallo is one of those things we keep in our fridge at all times. It’s simple and quick to make and works with just about anything.
Pico de Gallo is one of our favorite salsas
With lots of chopped fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice, this is truly one of our favorite salsas. It’s perfect with chips and on top of tacos or fajitas. It brightens up grilled or baked chicken, pork and beef. You can even add a few spoonfuls to your favorite guacamole recipe.
You may also like:
- For something just as delicious, but a little different try our Roasted Tomato Salsa or our Roasted Salsa Verde Recipe.
- The Pioneer Woman’s Pico De Gallo and Guacamole Recipe to see how she does it.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stems and seeds removed, finely diced (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- Prepare Salsa: Stir tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and olive oil together in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt. (We like 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt). Let salsa sit 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- To Store: Store covered pico de gallo in the refrigerator up to 2 days. As the salsa sits, it will become juicy. The juice tastes wonderful, but you may want to remove some before serving.