Okay, we know it isn’t Friday yet, or after 5, but we are just getting prepared. It’s good to be prepared.
This is NOT overly sweet, does NOT require any store-bought mix and if I were making the rules, requires at least 2 cherries, but since I’m not, that part is up to you. I just needed to make sure you knew where I stand on the issue.
This recipe for Tom Collins was created and photographed, by us, for Betty Crocker.
- 1 cup dry gin
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup club soda
- 4 orange slices
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Combine gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a pitcher. Stir.
- Fill 4 glasses to the brim with ice then fill 3/4 with the Tom Collins.
- Add a few splashes of club soda.
- Garnish each glass with an orange and a cherry.
- Note: To make the simple syrup, combine 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Cool.