We had so much fun making and munching on these skewers! They are perfect for kids of all ages, even those who may be kids-at-heart and not specifically by age. The trick with these is to buy a bottle of chocolate topping that forms a hard shell when drizzled over something very cold. We used Hershey’s Hard Shell, but there are a few options at the store for you to choose from. You could also drizzle the frozen fruit with melted chocolate, but we really just wanted something simple without additional mess. These would be great served at a party!
Recipe created and photographed for Betty Crocker.
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 2 whole bananas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 whole kiwis, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bottle (7.25-oz) chocolate topping that forms hard shell
- 12 8-inch bamboo skewers
- Thread fruit alternately onto bamboo skewers, using approximately 2 pieces of each fruit per skewer.
- Place fruit skewers in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Freeze at least 1 hour or until fruit is frozen through.
- minutes before serving, drizzle each skewer with chocolate topping and return to freezer until ready to serve.