- Sponsored Post -
We love playing around with savory and sweet. This easy pizza recipe has a little of both. For this pear pizza, the pears become sweet and tender, onions are savory with thyme and a simple balsamic syrup adds a bright pop of flavor. Oh, and everything is topped with melted mozzarella cheese (yum).
The pizza dough we used is actually from Pillsbury. You may have noticed one of their new products showing up in your grocery store – their new Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain. Pillsbury paid us to develop a bunch of recipes using their pizza crusts, so we thought we’d share with you.
If you can’t find Pillsbury’s pizza crust, feel free to use any store-bought pizza dough or homemade.
Easy Pizza Recipe for the Weekday – Pear Pizza with Balsamic and Pecans
This is perfect for an easy weekday dinner since it takes just over 30 minutes to make. Plus, this is perfect for an easy appetizer or for the next time you entertain – just cut the slices a little smaller and hello appetizer!
Did you like our Easy Pear Pizza Recipe with Balsamic and Pecans? If so, we bet you’ll love these:
- Simple Caesar Salad Pizza Recipe (Easy Pizza Recipe) from Inspired Taste
- Butternut Squash and Pesto Pizza Recipe from Inspired Taste
- Blue Cheese, Walnut, and Pear Pizza Recipe from All Recipes
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe with Basil from Inspired Taste
- 1 ( 13.8 oz) roll Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain (Substitute 12 ounces of refrigerated pizza dough)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red pear
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (60 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) pecan halves
- 1/4 (60 ml) cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Then, spray a baking sheet (with sides) with cooking spray.
- Form pizza dough into a 15-inch by 10-inch rectangle (this doesn’t have to be exact, just close). Then, crimp the edges. Place dough onto baking sheet then bake for 8 minutes.
- While the pizza crust bakes, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the sliced onions, the thyme and a 1/2-teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and begin to brown around the edges.
- Next, core and thinly slice the pear. Then, to prevent the pear slices from browning, sprinkle lemon juice over the cut pear and toss.
- Evenly spread the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the baked pizza crust then scatter the onions, mozzarella cheese, pear slices and pecan halves on top.
- Bake the pizza 6 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to bubble.
- While the pizza bakes, add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat then bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened to the consistency of thin syrup. Drizzle the balsamic syrup over pizza once baked then serve warm.