We love this green smoothie recipe packed with a whole cup of spinach. It’s delicious, too. All you taste is a creamy and fruity smoothie – it’s like waking up to a treat, not a health drink.
Make This Green Smoothie Recipe in Less Than Five Minutes
This really does come together in no time. Throw spinach, banana, half an orange, a little low-fat yogurt and water (or milk) into a blender, turn on and blend until smooth and creamy.
Easily Substitute with Other Fruit and Vegetables
Our recipe below is very simple and uses fruits and veggies we almost always have in the house, but let your imagination have some fun with different variations.
For veggies, add or substitute the spinach for another leafy green (like kale), celery, carrots, cucumber or other favorite.
For fruits, add or substitute the banana and orange for apple, mango, pineapple, strawberries or other favorite.
You can even add a little protein powder, flax oil or other nutrient. So simple!
Did you like our Quick and Easy Green Smoothie Recipe? If so, you may also like these:
- Easy Blueberry Muffin Recipe from Inspired Taste
- Green Smoothie Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Bran Muffin Recipe with Raisins from Inspired Taste
- Baked Oatmeal Recipe with Strawberries, Banana and Chocolate from Inspired Taste
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- 1/2 orange, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- Roughly chop spinach, banana and orange quarters then add to a blender. Top with yogurt, water (or milk) and a teaspoon of the honey.
- Turn blender on and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste then adjust with extra honey if needed.
- This recipe makes one smoothie. Enjoy now, or save for later. To save the smoothie for later, pour each serving into a food-safe resealable plastic bag or container and freeze. Then, 45 to 60 minutes before needing the smoothie, take out from freezer. Or, store in the refrigerator.