The other night I wanted something sweet. I walked into the kitchen and found the following: one almost overripe banana and a chocolate bar that had been partially devoured the other day. I thought to myself, we must be able to do something with this. I foraged just a little bit more and peaking through from behind all my spices was some creamy peanut butter (I was hoping it would be crunchy, but no luck there). With my ingredients in hand, I slathered peanut butter onto some bread leftover from dinner the other night, layered on some sliced banana, and then added the dark chocolate.
I sprayed a pan over medium heat with some olive oil spray and placed the sandwich in the pan for a couple minutes on each side until it was slightly toasted and the chocolate had melted inside – WOW! This, I will do again.
This totally works for dessert, snacks or dare I say it … breakfast. Enjoy!
You May Also Like These Chocolaty Recipes
- Fudgy Brownies Recipe with Recipe Video
- How To Make: Peanut Butter Recipe (Including a Chocolate Peanut Butter)
- Sinfully Easy Chocolate Croissant Recipe
- Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 4 slices bread
- Banana, sliced
- Chocolate Bar, broken into squares
- Peanut Butter
- Non-stick cooking spray or melted butter, for cooking
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat.
- Slice the bread on a diagonal then spread peanut butter on all slices. Layer the banana and chocolate pieces down onto half of the bread slices and top with second slice of peanut butter slathered bread.
- Spray griddle or pan with olive oil cooking spray and then cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the chocolate is gooey and the bread is lightly toasted.