Ready for an easy, but delicious way to cook potatoes? Buy yourself a box of kosher salt, pour it into a oven safe dish, place little potatoes (fingerling potatoes work perfectly) on top of the salt and then bake in a 350 degree oven (Fahrenheit) until done. The potatoes will come out perfectly seasoned and will have a extraordinarily smooth consistency inside, just perfect! You can even take the oven-safe dish to the table to serve, all those little potatoes resting on top of the salt is quite the presentation!
By the way, you can also reuse the salt, just save it in a re-sealable plastic bag for the next time you want to roast potatoes.
- kosher salt, enough to create a 1/2- inch layer on the bottom of a oven-safe dish
- Small potatoes, fingerling potatoes work very well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour salt into an oven-safe dish, then arrange the potatoes on top.
- Roast in the oven in the middle rack until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (not a knife), about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes.