These sweet and juicy roasted tomatoes are absolutely perfect when topped with creamy ricotta cheese and lots of fresh lemon zest and mint. You have to serve this one family style right out of the baking dish – no fuss. If you’ve looked around the site much, you’ll notice roasting is a big thing for us! We love our roasted portobello mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli and even roasted strawberries!
Easy Roasted Tomatoes
This is the kind of recipe we LOVE — easy, fast and perfect to serve to friends or family. Start with a big oven-safe dish — assume this will be the same dish you’ll actually serve the tomatoes in, so if you have a pretty one, use it.
Add a handful of olives as well as some salt and red pepper flakes to some cherry tomatoes …
… drizzle in some olive oil…
… and toss. Slide it into a hot oven and roast until the juices start to come out of the tomatoes and the skins begin to split.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved and pitted assorted olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of half a lemon
- 15-20 mint leaves, chopped
- Bread for dipping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tomatoes in half or in quarters so all the tomatoes are similar in size.
- Toss tomatoes with olives, olive oil, red pepper flakes and salt in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the skin of the tomatoes begins to split and juices come out.
- Top warm tomatoes with ricotta cheese, lemon zest and mint. Serve family style with bread.