Don’t miss out on tomato season! Depending on where you live, its coming to a close, so, what better way to celebrate juicy, ripe, sweet seasonal tomatoes, than tossed with some extra virgin olive oil, fresh torn basil and ooey gooey burrata or mozzarella cheese! This is our absolute favorite way to eat tomatoes – we even made something similar a few weeks ago! We made this particular version for the summer issue of maché magazine, but make a variation at home ALL THE TIME! Top 1o date night dinners during the summer. Ever!
- 3/4 pound ripe tomatoes, sliced or cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite size pieces (substitute burrata cheese for a creamier cheese)
- handful of fresh basil, leaves carefully chopped as to not bruise them
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toss tomatoes with salt and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese, basil and olive oil. Toss and serve.