Try this for your next party, these watermelon and tomato skewers are easy and elegant. Cubes of crisp seedless watermelon along with a basil leaf and fresh tomatoes are skewered then drizzled with thick sweet balsamic vinegar and fruity extra virgin olive oil. The combination of flavors when you bite is unbelievably refreshing.
- 12 half inch cubes seedless watermelon
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 small basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- course sea salt
- 12 medium length wooden skewers
- For each skewer, start with a tomato half, add a basil leaf and cube of watermelon then drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Finish with a light sprinkle of course sea salt.