Need a simple appetizer or dessert idea? This is it! Room temperature brie cheese is topped with spiced warm honey and toasted walnuts. Just remove the cheese from the fridge about one hour before serving, then five minutes before you want to serve, get everything else ready – Easy! We love how simple this is, we have done baked brie before, but depending on how high the fat content of the cheese that you are using is, you can quickly find yourself with cheese soup. This recipe is foolproof, quick and just as delicious.
To start, place the cheese onto your kitchen counter top about 1 hour before serving. Five minutes before you want to serve, toast a handful of walnuts (or your favorite nut) in a dry small saucepan over medium heat. Watch them closely, nuts will go from toasted to burnt quickly!
Next, remove the nuts then add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and about 3 tablespoons of honey to to the same saucepan, which should still be hot from toasting the nuts. Once the honey heats through, about 30 seconds, you are ready to pour over the cheese.
Pour the hot honey over the cheese, top with walnuts and serve with crackers.
- 1 small wedge brie cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Remove cheese from refrigerator one hour before serving.
- Five minutes before serving, add walnuts to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until lightly toasted. (Watch the walnuts quickly as they can burn easily). Remove walnuts from the pan.
- While the saucepan is still hot, add the ed pepper flakes and honey, cook over medium heat for 30 seconds to a minute or until the honey has warmed through.
- Pour spiced honey over room temperature cheese, top with walnuts and serve alongside crackers.