This roasted carrots recipe is a simple, delicious side dish. The carrots are sweet and tender with lightly caramelized edges. Served with our garlic parsley butter the carrots are deliciously garlicky and fresh.
Roasted carrots are sweet, tender, and completely delicious. For this recipe, we toss the perfectly roasted carrots with garlic and parsley infused butter. These taste amazing and look incredible on the table. For another easy recipe, take a look at these honey roasted carrots with tahini sauce drizzled over the top or my favorite maple cumin roasted carrots.
These simple carrots never fail to impress. We love to serve them next to Whole Roasted Chicken, my mother’s Baked Salmon with Lemon and Dill and our Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions. They are also perfect for topping grain or rice bowls.
How to Roast Carrots
Roasting is my favortie way to cook carrots. They don’t take very long to cook, especially if you cut the carrots into small pieces. I also love how roasting brings out the sweetness of carrots. Roasting carrots is dead simple. Here’s how we do it:
- Heat the oven to 400°F to 425°F
- Toss sliced carrots with some fat (like olive oil, melted butter or coconut oil) and season with salt and pepper. For more flavor, add other spices or a spice blend at this point.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until tender and the edges begin to brown.
The moment the carrots come out of the oven, I like to toss them with the garlic parsley butter. This is completely optional, but it is absolutely divine!
More Easy Side Dishes
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Ham — Learn our tricks for tender Brussels sprouts that are caramelized and delicious.
- Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice — This easy herbed cauliflower rice is packed full of flavor, healthy, low-carb and quick to make.
- Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes — Coconut oil roasted sweet potatoes with maple syrup, cinnamon, and toasted pecans.
- Simple Garlic Roasted Asparagus — The asparagus is perfectly tender with slightly crispy tips. Served with our five minute garlic herb sauce, it’s deliciously garlicky, fresh, and vegetarian.
- 20 Minute Honey Roasted Carrots with Tahini Sauce — A simple recipe for roasted carrots with honey, spice and the most delicious tahini sauce drizzled on top.
Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Here we toss perfectly roasted carrots with butter that’s been infused with garlic and parsley. Instead of the parsley, consider adding basil, crushed red pepper flakes, dill, cumin, or other favorite flavors. The recipe below is more of a template than a strict recipe. Carrots are perfectly delicious roasted, but so are parsnips, squash, potatoes or other hardy vegetable you find in season. Feel free to switch them out for something else.
You Will Need
1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled with ends trimmed (8 to 9 carrots)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 garlic clove
1/3 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Roast Carrots
1Heat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut carrots into 2 to 3-inch sticks. (Depending on how wide the thicker ends are, you may need to slice each stick in half, lengthwise). Toss carrots onto the baking sheet with the olive oil and salt. Make sure the carrots are coated then spread out into one layer. Roast carrots, stirring twice, until they are tender with edges that are lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Make Garlic Parsley Butter
1While the carrots roast, melt butter in a small pan over low heat. Use the back of a large knife to gently crush the garlic clove. Remove the skin then add clove to the butter along with the parsley. Wait until the butter bubbles gently then cook for 1 minute. Slide the pan away from the heat and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and discard the garlic.
- To Finish
1Slide the roasted carrots into a bowl with the garlic parsley butter. Toss then season to taste with additional salt as needed.